Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sania returns to Practice in fiancee Sohrab's company

. Wednesday, July 15, 2009


Barely a few days after her engagement, tennis ace Sania Mirza has returned to the courts, but this time in the company of her fiancee Sohrab Mirza.

Sania for the first time turned out for practice at the L B Stadium here on Monday alongwith her childhood friend Sohrab with whom she got engaged on July 10 before departing for US on July 16.

"We have tried to spend as much time as possible. This is where (stadium) I am most of the time, so he (Sohrab Mirza) decided to join me and he is also getting interested in tennis," Sania told reporters last night.

"He can also enjoy watching me practice and enjoy watching me play. He is a lot into other kind of sports but he follows my career whenever I am playing," she added. Asked whether her life had changed after the engagement, Sania said on the personal front it had but not on the professional level.

"Not really. Lot of personal things have changed but when it comes to tennis, I guess it is good to have someone other than my mom and dad who is so close to me to come and support me throughout. It's a good feeling," she said.

Sania also expressed optimism of an improved showing in the upcoming US Open.

"I have five-six weeks before the US Open starts, so it is not that I am thinking about the US Open itself. I have always done well in hardcourts. I hope I can stay healthy throughout the seven weeks and, may be, try and peak during the US Open," she said.

The 22-year-old Hyderabadi gained one position in the latest WTA singles ranking and is placed at the 85 spot. Sania, however, lost one rung in the doubles rankings to be placed 42nd.

0 comments:

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

 
{nama-blog-anda} is proudly powered by Blogger.com | Template by Agus Ramadhani | o-om.com